Sunday, July 6, 2008

New Found Cute Photos of the Boys




Summer 2006
Ben is 5, Peter is 3













I love our bug man (Richard). I know that is odd, but he is a really nice guy. He is from our town, but, until recently, he lived about 30 min. away. He has moved back to the area and the last time he was spraying our house he asked if our church had a website. I knew that we did, but I had never even looked at it. We have a pretty small church and we are pretty active in it so I never really felt the need to look at the website to see what was going on. After finding the website, I found some of the cutest photos of the boys at VBS over the years. I remember the first year Ben went to VBS and how much fun he had, especially during the games. This was our first year at the church. Everyone there was wonderful and welcomed us with open arms. It is a very small church, most of the members have been going there all of their lives and almost everyone is related. They have never made us feel like outsiders, but have included us as if we were family. Moving to this area has been challenging for me at times. I don't know what I would've done if we would not have found this church.

Thank you Richard for leading me to our website and old photos of the kids enjoying VBS. It helped me to value what I do have here in a time that I really need it. I have been feeling really down and home sick lately. We just got back from visiting some of my family at the beach and it really made me want to move near them. I still wish that I could have some of my family around and I would really love to live near them. It would be wonderful to be able to see my sister's and their kids on a regular basis, but right now that is really not something that we can do. I am just thankful for the wonderful friends that I have made at Mt Zion.


VBS 2004

Ben LOVING the freeze game


Ben loves that his dad helps with recreation

This is the only picure we have of Peter that year. He is sitting on Lisa's lap across from Morgan on Christine's lap.


VBS 2006

Ben loved digging for treasure

Our group of "Treasure Seekers"

Lexi and Ben wrapped in newspaper

Derek and Jonathan demonstrating the game
Lexi and Ben as partners
Peter making a silly face
The younger group gets to dig for treasure too. That is Morgan next toPeter...she is still one of his favorites at church.

Blowing Bubbles
Peter and Morgan

Unfortunately, no psychological testing is done on the leaders


VBS 2007

Peter joins Ben with the older group

Derek and Johnny

Doing the VBS "moves"

Patricia, Carol and Susan...I would love to know what they are looking at

I just thought this was a funny picture of Kim...I'm sure she will love to see this here!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Very cute. Glad your feeling better.